Saturday, February 11, 2006

Busy Day Begins with Books Alive














I'm not about to try to identify all these pics in order. But the parade of people through GCCC was fun and frantic. Lynn, Michael and I had a good time, sold a few books, made some new acquaintances and caught up with old friends. Betty Powell gave me a kiss on the cheek. Ethel Lewis, who is a longtime News Herald contact (lifestyle department contributor) did not, but I got a picture made with her.

Pam Anderson, born and raised in Panama City and now a famous cookbook author and USA Weekend columnist, bought my book. Pam will forever be recalled by my wife as the person who drew her into a conversation with "the shrimp man," as Pam called him, then left Debra alone to listen to the rest of the John Cheshire's life story during last night's party. Pretty sneaky, but who can blame her, really? Meanwhile, Lynn noticed that all of my groupies were markedly older than his and Michael's. (Or maybe I pointed that out.) He's worried that my readership will begin fading soon. Hmmm. Next up: Gala ga-ga.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home