Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Funny as (insert obscenity of choice)

(Received this note from Michael Tuesday, but had to edit it because he wouldn't let me "quote" him.)

Tony!

I think it's the dawn of a stellar new literary career. Son. This thing is funny as CENSORED (and, no, you may not quote me on that). Wow. I really, REALLy like it.

I wouldn't start with a dispatch. If it were me (and I say this even with my LOVE of cosmology and a great appreciation for A Tangled Skein), I'd start with Love and Loss at the Sign of the Pig. As good as it all is --- and it's ALL good --- this is not only brilliant, it's grabby.

Fantastic job man. I'm not quite finished, but I'm very close.

Peace (be with you too).

Michael

2 Comments:

At 5:32 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

My reply to Michael:

Michael, that's the best blurb I've ever seen:
"This thing is funny as (CENSORED)."
-- Michael Lister, author of Blood of the Lamb

What do you mean I can't quote you!?

I'll have to look at the structure of the thing, but
I'm sure we could rework it to make that fit (moving
Sign of the Pig, etc.). Bette said much the same, that
the first Dispatch worked better for her after she had
read more of the book. Maybe I could play with the
structure (and dates) of the events a little and see
what happens. I'll do that some tonight and get back
to you.

Thanks for the kindness.
And "Peace" back atcha.
Tony

 
At 5:34 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

(A further comment from Michael in response to my reply, one I'm ALMOST too embarrassed to share:)

BTW,
By saying your book is funny, I'm not saying that's all it is. It is insightful and SOOOO TRUE. To me it is the embodiment of wit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home