Sunday, July 18, 2004

As promised: Here are some responses

I know some nice people. They write books. They wrote me back charming and disarming notes to assure me that they would be pleased to take some of their time for my little manuscript. Here's what a few of them said in response to my request, and links to their presence on the Internet:
 
Hi Tony,
Congrats on new book -- I'm working long and hard on finishing my new one, which is taking up all my time (and then some.) Feel free to go ahead and send the MS (electronically) but realize upfront that I'm so busy, I can't make any guarantees, about when (and if) I can get to it, simply because of time pressure. But your book sounds like big fun, right up my alley. I like wacky southern.-janis
(Note: Janis Owens is the author of The Schooling of Claybird Catts and other novels, and she has her own blog here.)
 
Tony,
I'm gonna be short because I'm having all kinds of email problems.  On my  bellsouth account and this one. My replys are not going out.  I started to say call me if you DON'T  get this but that won't work.I'll be happy to read your work.  Can't promise how quickly.  I have 2 manuscripts that I'm behind on. And just took a consultants position with MTSU for their Writer's Loft Program and am teaching creative writing and doing my very, very final touches to The Nehemiah Project for my agent. But - all that being said.  Please send the hard copy if you don't mind. I hate reading on the computer. I hate printing paper and keeping it together and in order.  I love reading good words.Congratulations on just getting the story down.Who is the publisher? And do you have my Po Box?RIver
(Note: River Jordan is the author of The Gin Girl and the soon-to-be-released The Nehemiah Project.)
 
Hi Tony,
Sure, send it along - I'd be more than happy to! LeastI can do after all your interest in my books.
Best always,Tim
(Note: Tim Dorsey, author of Florida Roadkill and Cadillac Beach, is a South Florida force of nature, or at least his characters are.)
 
(And a second note from River...)
Tony,
Pulling for you in every good way.  I will take my time and give manuscript the attention it (and you) deserve.  I know that all publishing wheels move slowly so keep me posted on potential publication date/s. And Godspeed on a great agent.  That's important. Address is (CENSORED). Looking forward to a good read!
River
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home